Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You know how most times, you forget what you dream about as soon as you wake up? How you'll have some seriously epic dreams, and as soon as you come out of it, everything just turns to haze? Happens to me all the time. I KNOW I have dreams. I can recall flitting instances. But then it's all gone. Just because my first thought when I woke up was "I have to take a leak."

Well, not long ago, maybe two days ago, they all came rushing back to me. All the dream sequences I ever woke up with any clear remembrance of came back to me as though somewhere in my psyche where they keep this stuff stowed away, the dam burst and it all came flooding back to me. It was almost too much for me too handle. Had to sit down. I recalled the rolling and spiraling green and foggy mountains of the bizarre mountainside resorts. I remembered the strange geometric shapes of the office building that was slowly fill with water. I replayed the legendary "Walrus Nubs" Dream. I even got a few scenes of the "Saving the tiny Victorians from Evil Doc Brown from the house of David Bowie" dream, just to name a few.

If I took all of the dreams that I could remember, and compiled them into a sort of story, it would make Doctor Seuss look like Doctor Zhivago. A strange series of locations morphing into and out of each other, like when Tokyo, Japan morphed into an Art Deco version of my native Coolidge, Arizona, or when London slipped into a dusty part of Mexico. With stories that make no sense but seemed drastically important at the time, like racing the streets of the aforementioned London-turned-Mexico, trying to find a place to take a leak, but everywhere I turned, there was someone watching me.

All this and it would STILL be a better love story than Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment